Friday, July 25, 2008

I can see a theme here...

Searching for lyrics certainly remains an issue and, while I wish I could do more, time is the problem. I have an agenda of my own and, while it certainly does include lyrics, that it is only part of the whole. Live music is a large part of it, but not certainly not the only thing that I liked about Latitude in 2007 and 2008.

On Saturday evening, as we were waiting for Sigur Rós to do an encore, the moon rose over the proceedings and I pretty much had my back to the stage when I took this.
Taken a couple of hours, and a couple of pints, later is this snapshot of festival life...

Home for the weekend - 'red sector campsite' @ 2am Sunday.

I'm still not quite sure how I would define Sigur Rós, and I never have been, but seeing them live was quite something.
They are, and this is nothing of a revelation, quite unlike any other. As a live show it was certainly convincing and some, that I later overheard or talked with, described it as 'biblical'!
I'm still not sure exactly what I think so this, at least for now, is about as good a description as I can currently muster. Nevertheless I'm very glad that I was there listening to it for if live music is not to engender debate then I wonder what purpose it has!

No comments: