Monday, December 03, 2012

2012 In Music - Albums - Part 2

No real change in presentation here from the last two years; two lists of a dozen albums each and both strictly in order alphabetical by artist.  Despite what I said in Part 1 there is a slight change in format this year... there will be more than two parts and I'm not yet decided how many albums will be in the third.
As always, however, within each list the albums will always be alphabetical by artist and their inclusion in a particular list rather than another is also a matter of chance and in no way a reflection of my rating of their status. This explains why, for those who know me well, several albums that would have been assumed almost 100% certain to be be included in my selection were not in the first list. Two are, however, in this list of six:

  • Admiral Fallow - Tree Bursts In Snow
  • Bat for Lashes - The Haunted Man
  • Beach House - Bloom
  • Beth Jeans Houghton and The Hooves of Destiny - Yours Truly, Cellophane Nose
  • Carolina Chocolate Drops - Leaving Eden
  • Tamara Schlesinger - The Procession
Once again links and additional commentary will follow fairly soon and please feel quite free to add comments, queries, suggestions or questions. It is what this is all about, whether negative, positive or simply mystified!
Equally let me know what is amongst your 2012 favourites that I haven't included, either in these lists or throughout the year.
In a related vein, it surprises me just how many and often I still listen to albums in the lists of previous years. This is, for cumulative reasons, becoming something of a problem. 

No comments: