Wednesday, May 06, 2015

New Music 2015 - Part 35 - Jess Vincent & Devonport's Column Acoustic

This is something of a hybrid post shared between headline artist Jess Vincent, venue Devonport Guildhall and a new acoustic session Column Acoustic. All this became known to me simply because I picked up a flyer a couple of weeks back. Here it is.

I am, most unfortunately, unable to attend for reasons of prior engagement. It bothers me most because I know little about the three support acts and have never seen any of them live. What you do get is four acts playing a stunning Grade 1 listed venue, that also has a cafĂ© and bar, for £4 entry (adult). I intend to come and see Column Acoustic for myself at the earliest available opportunity. Why wouldn't you, if you have any interest in music? 
I have seen Jess Vincent live, she supported Ward Thomas here in Frome on the opening date of their first headline tour in August 2014. Here is what I had to say about that and just for a good measure a picture of her playing then.
Her 2013 LP 'Seesaw Dreams' is more than accomplished and Reg Meuross is a major collaborator here.

I think that a new Jess Vincent album is soon to be released. Without any doubt there will be new songs to listen to.

No comments: