Monday, June 06, 2016

New Music 2016 - Part 35 - Kelsey Waldon - I've Got A Way

Before I continue with my thoughts concerning the Saloon Bar stage at Truck Festival 2016 I have decided to mention an artist that is not playing there or indeed anywhere else in the UK in so far as I can currently discover.
This was prompted when today Kelsey Waldon announced a few details of her second album. I decided that, since I had not specifically mentioned the first, it was high time to look at both. 
This is the forthcoming one:

Kelsey Waldon - I've Got A Way (self released, 12 August 2016).

The previous one is this:

Kelsey Waldon - The Gold Mine (self released, 24 June 2014).


There is a great deal going on in this territory just now. The thing is that this seems to be a community of artists, based in East Nashville and elsewhere, that are determined to push for recognition but on their own terms. I can't see that this can be anything other than for the good.
The first track from 'I've Got A Way' is 'All By Myself' and here it is:


I also need to find a live video from 'The Gold Mine' LP.

No comments: