Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Ain't Nobody - Clare Maguire


It is time to tackle lyrics again and this is one that has proven to be harder than most.  It is also one that I have wanted to do more than most; ever since I saw it performed live in front of a public audience for the very first time almost three months ago.  The usual caveats apply but here goes regardless.


Ain't Nobody
Ain't nobody, hey,
can love me like you do (x4)

Meet me in the red sky
And dance with me
Let the valley change you
And the night set you free
It's dusk in the desert
It's heaven at the gates
You are my desire
You are my escape.

Ain't nobody, hey,
can love me like you do (x4)

Open up your torment
And bury me inside
I can see us changing
Like the seasons over time
The silver old river
Reflections of your love
Tell me in the silence
You'll never come undone.

Ain't nobody, hey,
can love me like you do (x4)

The shadows are falling
Tomorrow's closing in
Stay with me till morning
And open up your wings
I can hear your whispers
Calling out my name
Will you promise me that
We'll steal the night again?

Ain't nobody, hey,
can love me like you do (x4)



Meet me in the red sky
And dance with me
Let the valley change you
And the night set you free
It's dusk in the desert
It's heaven at the gates
You are my desire
You are my escape.



For what I have gotten wrong I am sorry.  On the up-side, I hope at least something is better than nothing!  These lyrics are the best that I can divine from her live performance of it, as recorded in the BBC Maida Vale studios today. It is released as a single on 18 October in the UK.

For more pictures of Clare Maguire, live at Latitude 2010, see here:
http://rpgreenhalgh.blogspot.com/2010/07/not-least-latitude-part-3-clare-maguire.html

The album 'Light After Dark' is released (UK) on February 28, 2011.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Richard, been following your blog since I returned from EOTR 2010. You might remember we exchanged a few words at the "secret" Low Anthem show in the tipee tent. Loved all your stuff on the festival and Lattitude. Almost tempted to go next year!

My not nearly as grand blog is at http://elvislives77.livejournal.com/ if you'd care to have a look. No obligation of course but I will continue to tune it to yours. Cheers Geoff

Richard G said...

Hi Geoff, and welcome. EOTR was just four weeks ago but somehow it seems an age. Time flies, and thank you very much for your kind words, but I certainly had not forgotten about our chat. I've literally on my way back by train from seeing/hearing Bear Driver in Bath -a band I first saw at EOTR 2009.
I'll be looking at http://elvislives77.livejournal.com/as soon as I am back home.

Cheers,
Richard