Wednesday, June 29, 2011

New Music 2011 goes Americana again.


This is something that is too good not to mention straight away. 
  

July 19 is the US release date for Stranger Me, the third studio album from Memphis, TN based singer songwriter Amy LaVere. It is, as were the preceeding ones, released by independent label Archer Records.

I have, quite literally, only just found out about it and currently know nothing more. I shall be equally surprised and disappointed if it has not been worth the wait since Anchors and Anvils (2008) and the amazing Died Of Love EP (2009).  I'll add more, and relevant links, asap but for now I just wanted to share the excitement!
It will be available, at least in the US, on vinyl too. Count me as being on-board. UK CD & d/l date is slated as July 4 and the track listing is as follows: 
  • You Can't Keep Me
  • Red Banks
  • A Great Divide
  • Often Happens
  • Lucky Boy
  • Tricky Heart
  • Stranger Me
  • Candle Mambo
  • Cry My Eyes Out
  • Let Yourself Go (Come on)
The album is produced by Craig Silvey whose recent production credits include 'The Suburbs' - Arcade Fire (2010) and 'Suck It And See' - Arctic Monkeys (2011).

No comments: