Tuesday, December 06, 2011

2011 in Music - Albums - Part 2

I was planning to do the '2011 in EPs and mini-albums' section before this but that has (once again) proved more complicated.  This, which is not a second-string selection of albums, hasn't been much better and actually more difficult that the first because I have, in order to limit to a dozen, been forced to be even more ruthless.
Here it is, again in alphabetical order by act/artist and (for now) without further comment:

  • Alessi's Ark - Time Travel
  • Black Keys - El Camino
  • Demdike Stare - Tryptych
  • Eilen Jewell - Queen of the Minor Key
  • Gill Sandell - Tarry Awhile
  • Jackie Oates - Saturnine
  • Joy Formidable - The Big Roar
  • Kitty, Daisy and Lewis - Smoking In Heaven
  • Laura Marling - A Creature I Don't Know
  • Low Anthem - Smart Flesh
  • Naked and Famous - Passive Me, Aggressive You
  • Veronica Falls - Veronica Falls
I might attempt the aforementioned '2011 in EPs and mini-albums' this evening. I have also introduced a new rule for these lists - although I don't think that even retrospectively I have actually violated it - and that is the the same act/artist combination cannot appear in more than one list in a given year with the exception being the 'Live List', if I ever get around to posting one.

No comments: