Saturday, February 14, 2015

New Music 2015 - Part 15 - Evi Vine - Give Your Heart To The Hawks

If the number of people that find themselves on these pages while searching for Evi Vine and her 2011 début LP 'And So The Morning Comes' is any guide, her soon to be released follow-up 'Give Your Heart To The Hawks' should be something of a winner. It is released 21 February in the UK on 12", CD and d/l.


Early indications are that it will not disappoint. My wish, since I have pre-ordered the LP, would be to see her play live at a festival this summer.
Like its predecessor I suspect that there will be little in the way of  froth and poppy circumstance to be found; much, however, for the lovers of melancholy and mystery. That is not to say that I don't like a good dose of pop, for I do, but that is in the capable hands of others - Charli XCX being just one example that I might mention.

Choose your poison.



This is mine.

No comments: