Monday, February 08, 2016

What's next?

With this season's festival attendances now more-or-less decided there are a few months in which to consider things other than, as well as, the waves of new and not-so-new music that wash over us.
Maybe a few clues can be found in the side bar of this blog and I'm thinking that it is perhaps time to have a look at songs that have been covered...
That might be the original version (quite impossible in the case of many traditional songs), the most well known version and maybe others too.
I know that there are several songs that I thought were 'original' to a certain artist (if not necessarily composed by that artist, which is another issue) but that I have since discovered most certainly were not.

Quite how I might actually achieve this is something of a mystery right now but I like the idea of attempting it.

No comments: