In a decade of writing this blog few things have pleased me more than the relentless rise of the EP and the mini-album: the format, from vinyl to digital, doesn't matter a fraction as much as the use it has seen in releasing small bodies of completed work to a wider audience. Not only does it allow the artist, new or established, to provide rapid exposure to new material it is also bite-sized for the diminished attention span of many consumers in the digital age. With that in mind here are just six such that have grabbed my attention in 2016.
- Janileigh Cohen - As A Child
- Katey Brooks - I Fought Lovers
- Kitty Macfarlane - Time & Tide
- Lily Mae - Closer
- Wyvern Lingo - Letter to Willow
- Yola Carter - Orphan Country