Saturday, April 01, 2017

New Music 2017 - Part 16 - Heavy Heart - Keepsake

Another band that was new to me as the result of seeing it live at a festival is London-based five-piece Heavy Heart. This was courtesy of Truck Festival 2014 and here they are playing then.

Heavy Heart, Veterans and Virgins stage - Truck Festival (18 July 2014).

As I mentioned in my last post there are acts that once heard are not easily forgotten and Heavy Heart is one of those as far as I am concerned. Throughout 2016 the band raised its profile on social media by releasing a new song each month. If you missed all this you can download or stream the songs from these links. In early 2017 it was announced that these songs would also gain a physical status as 'Keepsake' through new independent label I Can & I Will Records.

Heavy Heart - Keepsake (I Can & I Will Records, 31 March 2017).

It is still available but there is a catch.  The release  is limited to 300 copies, all numbered and signed, and it is only available on raspberry-coloured 12" vinyl (£10 + p&p), which quite frankly is a bargain given the prices being asked for many main-stream releases on vinyl at the moment.
This is the track listing:

Side A:
Time Will Stand Still
Teenage Witch
High Dive
Pretty Thing
Fruitfly
Yellowbird

Side B:
What Became of Laura R?
Fever Dream
Late to the Party
The World Is a Gumball
The Way Home
Keepsake

Now all I need to do is see the band live once again.

Note added 12 June 2017:
Keepsake is now available on CD too:
https://weareheavyheart.bandcamp.com/album/keepsake-album

No comments: