Friday, July 27, 2018

New Music 2018 - Part 20 - Kick Out The Twang - Speedbuggy USA

Now this was fun! A band that I have seen before, at Truck Festival 2016, returned with a new album in tow and played two full sets within the space of 24 hours.  I saw all of both of those. That is only the sixth time that I have ever managed to do this with any artist.

Speedbuggy USA, Truck Festival,  Veterans & Virgins stage, 21 July 2018.

That new LP is this. It's a good time to be in the UK...

Kick Out The Twang - Speedbuggy USA (Wagon Wheel Records, 8 August 2018).

  • Take the Last Train to Clarksville
  • Get Around
  • Shaky Train
  • Hold My Head Up High
  • Southbound Train
  • Sorry
  • Wood Screws & Nails
  • Unchain My Heart
  • Long Gone
  • Honky Tonk Singer
  • The Devil With Me
  • Darlin' I'm Coming Home
And here is a picture from the second set.  Maybe the adults in the audience were a little jaded come Sunday lunchtime but the kids were just loving it. Great band and just lovely people too.

Speedbuggy USA, Apple Tree stage, 22 July 2018.

This was the playlist, more or less. 

No comments: