Tuesday, March 01, 2011

New Music 2011 - Part 12 - Snowglobe - Jesca Hoop

Whilst thinking more about my wish list of acts for festivals in 2011, on a day when winter has seemingly supplanted spring in a most unwelcome way, I have cheered myself up by listening to some of my favourite artists of last summer.  One of them was the excellent Jesca Hoop and thus the wonderful 2009 album 'Hunting My Dress'. I saw her live at Latitude 2010 on the Sunday at the beguiling Sunset Stage and I mentioned that at the time.

The good news is that she has new music out soon in the shape of the four-song Snowglobe EP to tide us over while she completes her second full length LP.

It is released in the UK on April 4 I think, but amazon.co.uk lists the release date as March 7, on label Republic of Music. The track listing is as follows:
  • City Bird
  • While You Were Away
  • Snowglobe
  • Storms Make Grey The Sea

No comments: