Sunday, June 22, 2008

Long time, no post...

It is true that I haven't added a post since the middle of last week but I haven't been particularly idle either. I've been busy trying to persuade my parents that music has not changed that much!

Amy Winehouse is very doubtful for Glastonbury 2008, so it seemed a good excuse to play 'Back To Black' in full and from original vinyl.

Amy Millan has also recorded an album, released in 2006, that fits the theme of love and loss perfectly...

Catastrophe does not, however, become her.

It wasn't very well received critically but then it is not her day job; that is female vocalist in Stars. Neither is it her second job, which is as a member of Broken Social Scene. I, however, really like 'Honey from the Tombs' and not least for its surprises!
Yet another part of the great Canadian experiment...

No comments: