Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Blue Roses


Blue Roses will possibly be new to most of you but the artist behind it has actually been mentioned in these posts before. In the spring of 2007 I bought a compilation CD of tracks released by new artists titled 'Something I Learned Today' and released by UK independent label Dance To The Radio. Of the artists featured thereon several, including I Am A Cub Scout and Sky Larkin', have become better known especially on the UK Festival circuit. The modest price of the CD was, for my money anyway, worth it if only for just one track 'Coast' - an acoustic, deceptively simple song with eidetic imagery and the creation of unsigned artist Laura Groves.

She is back as 'Blue Roses' and is no longer unsigned as she has joined the already eclectic roster signed to XL Recordings, which includes such well known acts as Radiohead, The White Stripes, Vampire Weekend and Sigur Rós .
While I can not imagine it will sound remotely like any of the above, an album is in the making and I for one can't wait - another one to watch out for in 2009.

No comments: