Thursday, November 29, 2012

2012 In Music - Albums - Part 1

No real change in presentation here from the last two years; two lists of a dozen albums each and both strictly in order alphabetical by artist. In no way is this intended to be a balanced list, far from it in fact: It is quite utterly biased to what has caught my attention in a lasting way in 2012.  It is vastly influenced by artists that I have seen live, either this year or somewhat previously, and I make no bones about that fact. Here it is:

  • Alabama Shakes - Boys and Girls
  • Awna Teixeira - Where The Darkness Goes
  • Bex Marshall - The House of Mercy
  • Boy - Mutual Friends
  • Cowbois Rhos Botwnnog - Draw Dros Y Mynydd
  • Ellen and The Escapades - All The Crooked Things
  • First Aid Kit - The Lion's Roar
  • Hurray For The Riff Raff - Watch Out Mama
  • Joanne Shaw Taylor - Almost Always Never
  • Karine Polwart - Traces
  • Phantom Limb - The Pines
  • The Tatsmiths - Curiosity Shop
  • Trailer Trash Tracys - Ester
Please feel quite free to add comments, queries, suggestions or questions. It is what this is all about, whether negative, positive or simply mystified!  All comments are moderated (by me alone, so you know that I read them) and while I prefer it that you can put your real identity to your piece, because you should believe in what you are saying and be prepared to stand up and be counted, I will sanction the publishing of "anonymous" comments. Comments that are defamatory, offensive or totally irrelevant will not be published.
I don't bite either. I'll attempt to answer questions and comments either in comments of my own in reply or in a more general 'round-up' post.
I intend to post the second of these lists later this coming weekend. I am intending to add links to related content in both the above mentioned posts as soon as I can.  It is my intention to deal with the ever more interesting category of "EPs and mini-albums" in the meanwhile and I'd like to do that as a post complete with such links from the get-go.

No comments: