Saturday, March 29, 2008

Chase the dragon...

The interest in this has somewhat subverted any plans I might have had. I thought my residual liking for Magnum was exactly that but it seems that this is not so! As the album art for Chase The Dragon that I have been able to find so far (on the internet) is quite poor I've defaulted to providing it myself and simply because I can.

[Click image to see it at 1000 x 1000 pixels.]

This is the cover of my original vinyl copy photographed for this very purpose and if you want it at 2000 x 2000 pixels you could ask me. Some years later Magnum were to follow Chase The Dragon with another album of great potential. In 1988 Wings Of Heaven was both their most commercially successful album and also the one that proved that Magnum were not the kind of band many still believed they were. The single 'Days Of No Trust', taken from it, made the singles chart but after this Magnum faded away as it was a bad time to be the kind of band they long had been, which was our loss and also doubtless theirs too.

No comments: