Sunday, March 30, 2008

Fur and Gold - how this blog started.

It all started, rather by accident, in September 2006 when I wanted to post a comment on a Blogspot post. To do that I needed to create an account of my own, which I did. The album I wanted to talk about was this one.

At that point I had no intention of starting a blog of my own but, eighteen months and one-hundred-and-fifty-something posts later, I'll probably have to admit that I was wrong about that!

I certainly wasn't wrong about this artist, who was little known at the time, however. While back in the studio to record the second Bat For Lashes LP, which is rumoured to be heavier than the first, Natasha and the others are also heading across Europe this spring as principal support for Radiohead on their stadium tour. As Thom Yorke said "Horse and I' is as perfectly haunting as songs come".

5 comments:

Little Red Pony said...

Hi Richard, I like your blog! I would love to see a "list" of your recommendations...on the side bar...maybe...thanks for your comment on my blog..I am always to find a friend from far away. What music do I have listed that we share a liking for? I was thinking of putting in a review of sorts...kind of like what you are doing...or maybe a star system. Nice to meet you, I will be looking at your blog,!

Richard G said...

Hi,
Thank you for your kind comments and also for your suggestions. I apologise for my slow response to your comment; I've been away from home this last week, in what we call mountains over here, trying to persuade a group of late-teens that completing their four-day Duke of Edinburgh's Award expedition is in their best interest!
A side-bar of suggestions (bi-monthly perhaps?) is an interesting idea that had not occurred to me before; I'd however like to give it a try. A star-rating is also an interesting possibility but with the proviso that I, like many, have tastes in music that many will not share. That said it is also clear that here in the UK we miss much that is going on in the US and I'm keen to hear about that too.
Richard.

Richard G said...

Oops. In answer to your question I forgot to mention David Gray, Imogen Heap (and as Frou Frou in collaboration with Guy Sigsworth) and Regina Spektor as shared musical touchstones... sorry.
R.

Unknown said...

I like your blog.



regards
aegan stills, songs

Anonymous said...

Have you evber considered creating an ebook or guest authoring on other websites?
I have a blog based on the same subjects yoou discuss and would
love too have you share some stories/information. I know my readers wiuld
value your work. If you're evben remotely
interested, feel free too send me an email.


my page - stream content