Sunday, March 30, 2008

Karaoke for big prizes!

While I'm always very happy to celebrate the success of British music I'm certainly not against music made in America, or indeed anywhere else for that matter.

Audition in Seattle, singing Celine Dion's 'Because I Love You'.

This is just such an awful pub karaoke scenario but it didn't matter in the end - Jordin Sparks went on from this to win American Idol 2007. I rather suspect that that her first single Tattoo, which is pure pop and available on download tomorrow, will in time reach the higher reaches of the UK chart. I think it fair to say that it is not so very different from the later power-pop output of the first American Idol, Kelly Clarkson, but I for one wouldn't hold that against her. It is as catchy as sin and I doubt that she'll ever need to wear jeans, t-shirt and a prison number on stage again, unless it is a matter of choice!
The next single, 'No Air', features Jordin Sparks and Chris Brown together on vocal duties.

No comments: