Sunday, June 21, 2015

New Music 2015 - Part 50 - The Delta Bell

Hot on the heels of my last post - I originally considered merely appending this to it, when I mentioned The Delta Bell.
I realised that this is worth far more than that. The current, limited release, 7" vinyl single 'Wasted' c/w 'The Back Of Your Mind' had already come to my attention. It is quite a long time since I have bought a newly released 7". It was just a case of waiting for one that I really wanted, I suppose. 
'The Back Of Your Mind' does not appear on the forthcoming LP.

The label behind such releases is Random Acts Of Vinyl and this is RAOV013.




It is followed, on 31 July, by her début album 'Bow Out Of The Fading Light'.
Its beautiful pedal steel harmonies not withstanding, this is another astonishing example of where transatlanticism, at least in music, is at.  The Delta Bell is sometimes a solo act and at other times a five-piece with her band. Either way it is Kate Gerrard from Brighton. The album is released by At The Helm Records and this is the track list:
  • Carry Us Home
  • Phosphorus
  • Wasted
  • Of Mist
  • Forever Yours
  • Strings
  • Every Tonight
  • I've Seen The Way
  • Lay Him Down
  • Churches
  • Until The Night
The Delta Bell plays The Great Western Saloon Bar at Truck Festival 2015.

No comments: