Friday, September 19, 2008

From Eden, Home and in Between - Time well spent?

I'd rather bet that it is!

There have been so many things that have influenced my music listening in the last couple of years and the 10" EP, From Eden, Home and in Between, released on Yesternow in 2006, was very certainly one of them. Not only did it open new listening horizons for me (new folk, alt-folk and any other categories that fit in that mould whatever they are called) it alerted me to the possibility that there were others as yet unknown. There were - and even more than I could have then imagined. I have mentioned (link to earlier blog post) the aforementioned Shoreline (link to their MySpace) at least once before in this blog.

Time Well Spent, their first full album, seems however to have been rumoured for ages but now it is due to be released on Monday, 22 September on the Wilkommenen label. If it is anywhere near as good as the EP then it will have, indeed, been well worth the wait!

No comments: