Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Set the sails and feel the winds stirring... live in 2009

I left this category - Live Performances of 2009 - towards the end because I thought it would be amongst the easier ones to solve. Oh, how wrong could I be? These are all acts that I have seen live, in a few cases more than once, in 2009 and yet I still can't choose between them.

It has proven an invidious task to whittle the list down to ten, with some pictures to follow soon I intend, and here alphabetically is that list.

  • Alela Diane
  • Bat For Lashes
  • Bellowhead
  • Gossip
  • Imelda May
  • Ladyhawke
  • Low Anthem
  • Ohbijou
  • Recode
  • School Of Seven Bells
'Set the sails and feel the winds a-stirring
and towards the bright horizon sail away.'

I could do this list all over again, twice more with no items repeated, and still be quite happy with it. That just shows what I think about live music in 2009.

Note added March 15, 2010:
For more about 'Low Anthem' see here: For new info on 'The Low Anthem' see here:

Note added December, 8:
The more I think about it the more tempting it becomes.

No comments: