Right! Here we go again and for the last time specifically concerning 2015.
This is not a list of odds-and-ends, far from it. Two of the LPs in this list have appeared near the top of many lists, proffered by major news outlets and suchlike, that are supposedly arranged in some order of merit. That consensus approach is not the way I work. All these lists are about what I liked and in particularly the impact that it had on me.
- 9 Bach - Tincian
- Emily Barker - The Toerag Sessions
- Father John Misty - I Love You, Honeybear
- Hannah Rose Platt - Portraits
- Jess and The Bandits - Here We Go Again
- Lanterns On The Lake - Beings
- Mandolin Orange - Such Jubilee
- Public Service Broadcasting - The Race For Space
- Robert Chaney - Cracked Picture Frames
- Samantha Fish - Wild Heart
My introduction to two of the acts in this list goes back a long while - I saw them live for the first time at End Of The Road Festival 2009 and 2010 until which point I was completely unaware of both!
I could never have imagined what I suspect, for I do not count listens, would become my most listened-to music of 2015. This is a case of not being led by the nose but blind-sided, in a good way, instead.This third selection of LPs also includes one of the most harrowing songs that I have ever heard. It is not about some industrial accident or natural disaster. It is about the peculiar failings of humankind and is a rather sad place to end this post.