Monday, August 17, 2015

New Music 2015 - Part 63 - Béla Fleck & Abigail Washburn - Banjo Banjo EP

I was making preparations for my trip to Green Man Festival 2015 whilst idly listening to this-and- that and just simply trying to keep up with music. I didn't have plans to post anything between now and the start of next week.
It only takes one track to totally derail a train and it doesn't matter which one.

Béla Fleck & Abigail Washburn - Banjo Banjo EP.

It ranges from a Chinese song, Abigail speaks mandarin, to a cover of Europe's 'The Final Countdown' as a purely instrumental tune. What more could you ask? Except that possibly that you could stream it all, free and legally?
Well, courtesy of The Bluegrass Situation you can do exactly that and there is plenty more goodness to be found there, across all sorts of genres, to be discovered.
If you still want more clawhammer banjo from these two artists then here it is...

On the other hand this is exactly why I'm doing this. It is why I'm going to Green Man and then a couple of weeks later to End of The Road. It is why I'll try and stay out for fourteen hours a day, for three days in a row, listening to live music and trying to take photos of it. I want to do that.

No comments: